2020 Audio Spring Throwdown

Battle Feed
Pseudo Nim vs Starwalker
Style: Written
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Pseudo Nim vs Starwalker
PeaceandLaug... vs BnasBnas is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!Bnas is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
Style: Freestyle
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
KDOTCARTER vs PeaceandLaug...
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
FightsAndRap... vs PeaceandLaug...
KDOTCARTER vs Mizz AmmoMizz Ammo is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!Mizz Ammo is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
SF Ghost vs KDOTCARTER
2 Votes 2.625 stars2.625 stars2.625 stars2.625 stars2.625 stars
MRS RAPPER B vs SF Ghost
1 Vote 2.5 stars2.5 stars2.5 stars2.5 stars2.5 stars
Occam vs FightsAndRap...
2 Votes 3.125 stars3.125 stars3.125 stars3.125 stars3.125 stars
PeaceandLaug... vs BnasBnas is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!Bnas is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
1mp4l3d vs mister jon f...
1 Vote 1.25 stars1.25 stars1.25 stars1.25 stars1.25 stars
2 Votes 2.875 stars2.875 stars2.875 stars2.875 stars2.875 stars
1 Vote 2.5 stars2.5 stars2.5 stars2.5 stars2.5 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Freestyle Battle Forums > About LB > General Talk
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

View Poll Results: Should X-Calibur be banned?
Yes - It is wrong to create a double standard, by banning others but not him. 7 50.00%
No - He was unclear regarding the rules, and should be given a chance to amend his behavior. 7 50.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List
Denton, ILLoKWENT, Manhattan, Muggz, Murderous Swag, NOBLE, OSKAR, Pugz, stricc, V3numb

Unread 08-31-2014, 05:21 PM
Rant
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKAR View Post
Rant ain't on the wrong but X-Cal might have thought that since mods are allowed to be pm'd they can also pm. I ain't excusing his actions, I'm just saying that he might have misunderstood the rules I ain't disregarding that.

the way i see it is that xcal WANTS the site to improve..he contributes ideas, he tries to improve voting with his tourney but recent incidents have shown that he lacks the behavior of a mod. It'd be stupid to lose someone with a vision like that BUT it also looks bad to let him go freely cause I do agree. Rules are rules and should be applied to anyone no matter what color name they have or what their name actually is
I can understand your view point in the top portion. But, one would presume that he would know this information, if by nothing else alone, the lack of mods doing so.

Another note, which I have mentioned already, is still the history of these types of offenses by him. These two things, coupled with the length of time he has been a member of this site, lead me to believe that he should very well have known better.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Quote:
So seing a guy get banned in expense to the development of the site pleases you more? I'm with Just C on that one.but if we decide to ban the dude I'd be with that to
It doesn't please me at all to see him banned. But, I am DISPLEASED by an individual member of the site receiving special treatment for offenses, that in the past, have resulted in immediate bans.
Unread 08-31-2014, 05:21 PM   #11

Rant

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
Rant ain't on the wrong but X-Cal might have thought that since mods are allowed to be pm'd they can also pm. I ain't excusing his actions, I'm just saying that he might have misunderstood the rules I ain't disregarding that.

the way i see it is that xcal WANTS the site to improve..he contributes ideas, he tries to improve voting with his tourney but recent incidents have shown that he lacks the behavior of a mod. It'd be stupid to lose someone with a vision like that BUT it also looks bad to let him go freely cause I do agree. Rules are rules and should be applied to anyone no matter what color name they have or what their name actually is
I can understand your view point in the top portion. But, one would presume that he would know this information, if by nothing else alone, the lack of mods doing so.

Another note, which I have mentioned already, is still the history of these types of offenses by him. These two things, coupled with the length of time he has been a member of this site, lead me to believe that he should very well have known better.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Quote:
So seing a guy get banned in expense to the development of the site pleases you more? I'm with Just C on that one.but if we decide to ban the dude I'd be with that to
It doesn't please me at all to see him banned. But, I am DISPLEASED by an individual member of the site receiving special treatment for offenses, that in the past, have resulted in immediate bans.

Unread 08-31-2014, 05:23 PM
OSKAR
Mentioned: 1069 Post(s)
Tagged: 31 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.34/10 stars
Basic Audio Record
311 Points / 23 Won / 7 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
0 Points / 0 Won / 1 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.89/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.89/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.89/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.89/10 stars
Basic Text Record
10 Points / 4 Won / 5 Lost
Exclusive Text Record

You see? We can't be 100% clear on the situation. Some people want him banned some others don't. It's a difficult situation so imo we should all accept the WARNING given as the best possible action. I assure you that X-Cal will be monitored heavily from now on and the slighest fuck up will cause him his position
Unread 08-31-2014, 05:23 PM   #12

OSKAR
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.34/10 stars
Basic Audio Record
Exclusive Audio Record

Estimated Skill in Text: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.89/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.89/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.89/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.89/10 stars
Basic Text Record
Exclusive Text Record

Voted: 108 audio / 116 text

You see? We can't be 100% clear on the situation. Some people want him banned some others don't. It's a difficult situation so imo we should all accept the WARNING given as the best possible action. I assure you that X-Cal will be monitored heavily from now on and the slighest fuck up will cause him his position
Offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2014, 05:24 PM
OSKAR
Basic Audio Record
Exclusive Audio Record

Basic Text Record
Exclusive Text Record

It's not special treatment because he is a mod, it's because he is a mod that we are unsure of the situation. As I said he might have thought he is allowed to pm since he is allowed to be pm'd. Please see a warning as the best solution to this problem and let's move on from this
Unread 08-31-2014, 05:24 PM   #13

OSKAR
Basic Audio Record
Exclusive Audio Record

Basic Text Record
Exclusive Text Record

Voted: 108 audio / 116 text

It's not special treatment because he is a mod, it's because he is a mod that we are unsure of the situation. As I said he might have thought he is allowed to pm since he is allowed to be pm'd. Please see a warning as the best solution to this problem and let's move on from this
Offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2014, 05:25 PM
J u s T C J u s T C is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Who Got Beef Winner
Mentioned: 1535 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 stars
Basic Audio Record
0 Points / 0 Won / 0 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
0 Points / Won / Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 stars
Basic Text Record
70 Points / 4 Won / 0 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
0 Points / Won / Lost

Lock had numerous accounts for self voting (just as grizz did, to a lesser extent). Then he got banned for the same shit we discussing here.

Thats a lot worse than recycling 1 bar in 7 years and asking someone to vote on a battle in IMs. albeit twice, including now.

It was incredibly naive but it's all about perspective.

Grizz and Lock premeditated what they did making it 100% shady. So even if its minor. You're shady in my book when caught again, so any benefit of the doubt goes out the window. Ban.

You know as well as myself that he wont do it again, or atleast if he DOES. he will be demodded and banned.

He contributes and wants to continue doing so. He deserves 1 chance now that he is a mod to buck up his ideas. But only 1. In the long run the site will benefit more from him being here as a mod than if he's banned. IF he heeds the warning and sorts his shit out. If we just ban him we'll never know.

I'm part German myself.

Fuck off, I got work to do.
Unread 08-31-2014, 05:25 PM   #14

Who Got Beef Winner
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 stars
Basic Audio Record
Exclusive Audio Record
0 Points / Won / Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 stars
Basic Text Record
Exclusive Text Record
0 Points / Won / Lost

Voted: 46 audio / 30 text

Lock had numerous accounts for self voting (just as grizz did, to a lesser extent). Then he got banned for the same shit we discussing here.

Thats a lot worse than recycling 1 bar in 7 years and asking someone to vote on a battle in IMs. albeit twice, including now.

Grizz and Lock premeditated what they did making it 100% shady. So even if its minor. You're shady in my book when caught again, so any benefit of the doubt goes out the window. Ban.

You know as well as myself that he wont do it again, or atleast if he DOES. he will be demodded and banned.

He contributes and wants to continue doing so. He deserves 1 chance now that he is a mod to buck up his ideas. But only 1. In the long run the site will benefit more from him being here as a mod than if he's banned. IF he heeds the warning and sorts his shit out. If we just ban him we'll never know.

I'm part German myself.

Unread 08-31-2014, 05:30 PM
Rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just C View Post

I was not aware of Lock's self voting.

Edit:

I do not, however, have any knowledge of whether he will do so again. He has already shown it to be a habitual trait. I feel very strongly that he likely will do so again.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Quote:
In what way are the circumstances of the situation relevant? "Ignorance of the law, is no excuse for breaking it."
Unread 08-31-2014, 05:30 PM   #15

Rant

Quote:

I was not aware of Lock's self voting.

Edit:

I do not, however, have any knowledge of whether he will do so again. He has already shown it to be a habitual trait. I feel very strongly that he likely will do so again.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Quote:
In what way are the circumstances of the situation relevant? "Ignorance of the law, is no excuse for breaking it."

Unread 08-31-2014, 05:33 PM
Who Got Beef Winner
Basic Audio Record
Exclusive Audio Record
0 Points / Won / Lost

Basic Text Record
Exclusive Text Record
0 Points / Won / Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rant View Post
I do not, however, have any knowledge of whether he will do so again. He has already shown it to be a habitual trait. I feel very strongly that he likely will do so again.[COLOR="Silver"]

I also said or.

Tell me you think he will get away with it again. You're a smart guy. You know full well that shit wont fly a second time

I'm part German myself.

Unread 08-31-2014, 05:33 PM   #16

Who Got Beef Winner
Basic Audio Record
Exclusive Audio Record
0 Points / Won / Lost

Basic Text Record
Exclusive Text Record
0 Points / Won / Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rant View Post
I do not, however, have any knowledge of whether he will do so again. He has already shown it to be a habitual trait. I feel very strongly that he likely will do so again.[COLOR="Silver"]

I also said or.

Tell me you think he will get away with it again. You're a smart guy. You know full well that shit wont fly a second time
Unread 08-31-2014, 05:33 PM
Rant

Quote:
I also said or.

It depends on who he IM's.
Unread 08-31-2014, 05:33 PM   #17

Rant

Quote:
I also said or.

It depends on who he IM's.

Unread 08-31-2014, 05:38 PM
Who Got Beef Winner
Basic Audio Record
Exclusive Audio Record
0 Points / Won / Lost

Basic Text Record
Exclusive Text Record
0 Points / Won / Lost

Thats a fair point. tbh though, with the way people jump at the first chance of exposing people on here (Nothing wrong with that it's required to keep the site clean and fair) I think chances of him being put on blast are high enough. People will be ITCHING to catch him out now. especially when he's a mod.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Also just because someone doesn't expose him, doesn't mean he can't be caught doing it again. and XCal knows this.

I'm part German myself.

Unread 08-31-2014, 05:38 PM   #18

Who Got Beef Winner
Basic Audio Record
Exclusive Audio Record
0 Points / Won / Lost

Basic Text Record
Exclusive Text Record
0 Points / Won / Lost

Thats a fair point. tbh though, with the way people jump at the first chance of exposing people on here (Nothing wrong with that it's required to keep the site clean and fair) I think chances of him being put on blast are high enough. People will be ITCHING to catch him out now. especially when he's a mod.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Also just because someone doesn't expose him, doesn't mean he can't be caught doing it again. and XCal knows this.
Unread 08-31-2014, 05:42 PM
Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Basic Audio Record
932 Points / 63 Won / 15 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
0 Points / Won / Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Basic Text Record
669 Points / 66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
34 Points / 2 Won / 0 Lost

Honestly either way if he gets banned or not he'll be known for this alone for a while.

Pretty good punishment if you ask me, but he still fucking cheated. He should be delt with just as any other repeat offending person who asks for votes should, in my opinion.

"Ignorance of the law is no excuse"

Searching for a black hole to casually collapse through.

Unread 08-31-2014, 05:42 PM   #19

Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Basic Audio Record
932 Points / 63 Won / 15 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
0 Points / Won / Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Basic Text Record
669 Points / 66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
34 Points / 2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 289 audio / 238 text
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)

Honestly either way if he gets banned or not he'll be known for this alone for a while.

Pretty good punishment if you ask me, but he still fucking cheated. He should be delt with just as any other repeat offending person who asks for votes should, in my opinion.

"Ignorance of the law is no excuse"

Searching for a black hole to casually collapse through.

Unread 08-31-2014, 05:44 PM
Jason Jason is on FIRE! 25+ wins in a row!Jason is on FIRE! 25+ wins in a row!
Hall Of Famer
2x Grand Champion
Topical Champion
Mentioned: 1223 Post(s)
Tagged: 57 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.96/10 stars
Basic Audio Record
316 Points / 9 Won / 0 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
0 Points / Won / Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.69/10 stars
Basic Text Record
4080 Points / 249 Won / 19 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
212 Points / 12 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:

You got guy who does nothing but be a dick and constantly breaks the rules. He's no benefit to keep around and you KNOW he was being shady.

Then you got guy B who is a mod who is contributing and trying to improve the site and help out and made a stupid mistake (Do you think what he did was with malicious intent?)

I get what you're saying. But not everything is black and white

I agree. But I'd be very surprised if he did it again. Plus this will give him an extra kick up the ass to get into gear.

I'm sure if he does it again. He will be done. You only get 1 chance at shit. He wont get the benefit of the doubt again.
I couldnt agree more with this.
Im not a staff member anymore so no one can say Im just playing for the home team anymore. but 99% of the time when a rule is broken on here there is more to consider than just the breaking of the rule. keep in mind i consider X-Cal to be a total square and ive hated him from pretty much the first second i e-encountered him so i have no reason at all to defend him .. but if the guy is working hard to promote activity and genuinely has an interest in keeping the site bumping then to ban/de-mod him for this is an overreaction.
theres absolutely no doubt that what he did was stupid and wrong ... but i really find it hard to imagine that a mod of all people would send an IM for someone to check out his battle without for some reason thinking it was acceptable cus you would get exposed immediately for it ... im not sure what got into this guys head thinking it was okay but i feel like he must have or he wouldnt have done something so blatantly retarded .. then again .. i tend to give people more credit than they deserve cus lots of people are just retards but anyway
i dunnno though .. if hes workin hard and doing good for the site than a warning seems fine .. at this point if he does anything even remotely wrong at this point hes gone .. and thats all that matters really
Unread 08-31-2014, 05:44 PM   #20

Jason Jason is on FIRE! 25+ wins in a row!Jason is on FIRE! 25+ wins in a row!
Hall Of Famer
2x Grand Champion
Topical Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.96/10 stars
Basic Audio Record
316 Points / 9 Won / 0 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
0 Points / Won / Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.69/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.69/10 stars
Basic Text Record
4080 Points / 249 Won / 19 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
212 Points / 12 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 82 audio / 812 text
Mentioned: 1223 Post(s)
Tagged: 57 Thread(s)

Quote:

You got guy who does nothing but be a dick and constantly breaks the rules. He's no benefit to keep around and you KNOW he was being shady.

Then you got guy B who is a mod who is contributing and trying to improve the site and help out and made a stupid mistake (Do you think what he did was with malicious intent?)

I get what you're saying. But not everything is black and white

I agree. But I'd be very surprised if he did it again. Plus this will give him an extra kick up the ass to get into gear.

I'm sure if he does it again. He will be done. You only get 1 chance at shit. He wont get the benefit of the doubt again.
I couldnt agree more with this.
Im not a staff member anymore so no one can say Im just playing for the home team anymore. but 99% of the time when a rule is broken on here there is more to consider than just the breaking of the rule. keep in mind i consider X-Cal to be a total square and ive hated him from pretty much the first second i e-encountered him so i have no reason at all to defend him .. but if the guy is working hard to promote activity and genuinely has an interest in keeping the site bumping then to ban/de-mod him for this is an overreaction.
theres absolutely no doubt that what he did was stupid and wrong ... but i really find it hard to imagine that a mod of all people would send an IM for someone to check out his battle without for some reason thinking it was acceptable cus you would get exposed immediately for it ... im not sure what got into this guys head thinking it was okay but i feel like he must have or he wouldnt have done something so blatantly retarded .. then again .. i tend to give people more credit than they deserve cus lots of people are just retards but anyway
i dunnno though .. if hes workin hard and doing good for the site than a warning seems fine .. at this point if he does anything even remotely wrong at this point hes gone .. and thats all that matters really