2020 Audio Spring Throwdown

Battle Feed
Pseudo Nim vs Starwalker
Style: Written
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Pseudo Nim vs Starwalker
PeaceandLaug... vs BnasBnas is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!Bnas is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
Style: Freestyle
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
KDOTCARTER vs PeaceandLaug...
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
FightsAndRap... vs PeaceandLaug...
KDOTCARTER vs Mizz AmmoMizz Ammo is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!Mizz Ammo is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
SF Ghost vs KDOTCARTER
2 Votes 2.625 stars2.625 stars2.625 stars2.625 stars2.625 stars
MRS RAPPER B vs SF Ghost
1 Vote 2.5 stars2.5 stars2.5 stars2.5 stars2.5 stars
Occam vs FightsAndRap...
2 Votes 3.125 stars3.125 stars3.125 stars3.125 stars3.125 stars
PeaceandLaug... vs BnasBnas is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!Bnas is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
1mp4l3d vs mister jon f...
1 Vote 1.25 stars1.25 stars1.25 stars1.25 stars1.25 stars
2 Votes 2.875 stars2.875 stars2.875 stars2.875 stars2.875 stars
1 Vote 2.5 stars2.5 stars2.5 stars2.5 stars2.5 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Freestyle Battle Forums > About LB > General Talk > LetsBeef.com Magazine Stand
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

User Tag List

Unread 10-15-2015, 09:11 PM
LetsBeef Magazine
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Should League Owners Battle?

by Joe MuGGz

Battle Rap: Should League Owners Battle?

The love for the culture runs deep within its community. It may run deeper for some than others. That depth is the difference between the levels of involvement with the culture. While one person is a fan, simply watching a few battles here and there, subscribing to league channels, and even commenting within certain groups on social media, there is a group of people that want to help build and leave their stamp on the culture. These groups of people consist of the rappers, bloggers and other media content creators, host, cameramen, promoters, and most of all, the league owners.

Let’s chat about the League Owners…

The League Owners are the most involved with the culture. They provide the platform, matches, promo, venues, artist’s flights and other accommodation’s, etc. They are the wheels and axels to this vehicle. All of this is ignited by the pure love and passion for this culture. This passion will often push the league owner to want to do more. As if they don’t do enough, they may want to get in the ring too. For a league owner, to battle may seem like an easy task, but there is a lot of factors beneath the surface that the L.O. will have to consider.

One thing to consider is, “will this battle help or hurt the brand”? A league owner can cause massive damage to the brand simply by listening to others. It happens all the time. During a conversation with their favorite artist about booking services for the next event can turn into a huge ego stroke. The league owner mentions how they have bars, and the “favorite artist” agrees after a few samples, in return, placing that battery in the league owners back. This moment is the beginning of what could be a bad idea.

Another factor is the “respect value” of the battle. Battle Rap is essentially all about respect and bragging rights. A league owner can easily set up a big battle, with a huge name artist for themselves, but what that does, is instantly decrease the battle value. People want to see the #1 artist go against the most deserving. Match ups that were earned and not bought.

For example: I’m a league owner, and I decided to pay Mook 100k for a battle. The respect value is already at a disadvantage. This was not a battle that the fans asked for. Mook can easily use that as an angle for the victory. In a sense, those views and likes this battle generates are all bought. Not earned.

The only way this could turn positive, and benefit the brand, is if I had BARZZZZZZZ. I would have to be Godly in the ring. I would have to write these barz with the hand of God himself. Let’s say the moon and stars are aligned and this happens, and I win convincingly. Mook can always say it was just a “money move” and that he did not put forth his best effort for a “nobody”. All of these factors provide more damage than help. Usually, and I don’t understand why but, the “You paid me, cause you’re a fan” stings more than “I paid you cause I’m a boss”.

There are a few league owners that were battler rappers first like:

Arsenal

Lux

Organik

*but as you see, one way or another, either the brand or bars takes a back seat to the “boss with bars”. Usually the check for 3 rounds is the first option than spending money for a card. Not to mention, if Arsenal battle on his own league, it’s for promotional purposes only, and most likely will not get a check (for the battle), and if so, it is definitely not for the amount he usually acquires. At the end of the day, something gotta give.

In conclusion, I would say that if you are a league owner, and you have the itch to battle, but your desire for your brand to thrive is stronger, I recommend that you do not battle on your own league at first. Start entry level. Go elsewhere to build a separate buzz. If successful, you can then bring it to your league to add to the brand. If the turnout is horrible, that will fall on you as an artist, and not as a great brand builder.

So many questions arise. Is it best to be established as a battle rapper before building a league? Does that add extra respect points? Is a league that is built by a fellow artist better? Should a league owner stay out of the ring all together?

Feel free to comment below. I would love to get your take on this topic.

Follow me:

Instagram: @jmuggzlb

Facebook: Joe Muggz

Twitter:@ MrMuggz

The post Should League Owners Battle? appeared first on LetsBeef Magazine.

Read More...
Unread 10-15-2015, 09:11 PM   #1

LetsBeef Magazine

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Should League Owners Battle?

by Joe MuGGz

Battle Rap: Should League Owners Battle?

The love for the culture runs deep within its community. It may run deeper for some than others. That depth is the difference between the levels of involvement with the culture. While one person is a fan, simply watching a few battles here and there, subscribing to league channels, and even commenting within certain groups on social media, there is a group of people that want to help build and leave their stamp on the culture. These groups of people consist of the rappers, bloggers and other media content creators, host, cameramen, promoters, and most of all, the league owners.

Let’s chat about the League Owners…

The League Owners are the most involved with the culture. They provide the platform, matches, promo, venues, artist’s flights and other accommodation’s, etc. They are the wheels and axels to this vehicle. All of this is ignited by the pure love and passion for this culture. This passion will often push the league owner to want to do more. As if they don’t do enough, they may want to get in the ring too. For a league owner, to battle may seem like an easy task, but there is a lot of factors beneath the surface that the L.O. will have to consider.

One thing to consider is, “will this battle help or hurt the brand”? A league owner can cause massive damage to the brand simply by listening to others. It happens all the time. During a conversation with their favorite artist about booking services for the next event can turn into a huge ego stroke. The league owner mentions how they have bars, and the “favorite artist” agrees after a few samples, in return, placing that battery in the league owners back. This moment is the beginning of what could be a bad idea.

Another factor is the “respect value” of the battle. Battle Rap is essentially all about respect and bragging rights. A league owner can easily set up a big battle, with a huge name artist for themselves, but what that does, is instantly decrease the battle value. People want to see the #1 artist go against the most deserving. Match ups that were earned and not bought.

For example: I’m a league owner, and I decided to pay Mook 100k for a battle. The respect value is already at a disadvantage. This was not a battle that the fans asked for. Mook can easily use that as an angle for the victory. In a sense, those views and likes this battle generates are all bought. Not earned.

The only way this could turn positive, and benefit the brand, is if I had BARZZZZZZZ. I would have to be Godly in the ring. I would have to write these barz with the hand of God himself. Let’s say the moon and stars are aligned and this happens, and I win convincingly. Mook can always say it was just a “money move” and that he did not put forth his best effort for a “nobody”. All of these factors provide more damage than help. Usually, and I don’t understand why but, the “You paid me, cause you’re a fan” stings more than “I paid you cause I’m a boss”.

There are a few league owners that were battler rappers first like:

Arsenal

Lux

Organik

*but as you see, one way or another, either the brand or bars takes a back seat to the “boss with bars”. Usually the check for 3 rounds is the first option than spending money for a card. Not to mention, if Arsenal battle on his own league, it’s for promotional purposes only, and most likely will not get a check (for the battle), and if so, it is definitely not for the amount he usually acquires. At the end of the day, something gotta give.

In conclusion, I would say that if you are a league owner, and you have the itch to battle, but your desire for your brand to thrive is stronger, I recommend that you do not battle on your own league at first. Start entry level. Go elsewhere to build a separate buzz. If successful, you can then bring it to your league to add to the brand. If the turnout is horrible, that will fall on you as an artist, and not as a great brand builder.

So many questions arise. Is it best to be established as a battle rapper before building a league? Does that add extra respect points? Is a league that is built by a fellow artist better? Should a league owner stay out of the ring all together?

Feel free to comment below. I would love to get your take on this topic.

Follow me:

Instagram: @jmuggzlb

Facebook: Joe Muggz

Twitter:@ MrMuggz

The post Should League Owners Battle? appeared first on LetsBeef Magazine.

Read More...
Unread 10-15-2015, 09:55 PM
Celsius
Heavyweight Champion
Scheme Champion
Mentioned: 373 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.14/10 stars
Basic Audio Record
889 Points / 76 Won / 28 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
0 Points / Won / Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.17/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.17/10 stars
Basic Text Record
7524 Points / 553 Won / 103 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
31 Points / 3 Won / 1 Lost

Yeah, but only other league owners.
Unread 10-15-2015, 09:55 PM   #2

Celsius
Heavyweight Champion
Scheme Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.14/10 stars
Basic Audio Record
889 Points / 76 Won / 28 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
0 Points / Won / Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.17/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.17/10 stars
Basic Text Record
7524 Points / 553 Won / 103 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
31 Points / 3 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 284 audio / 2116 text
Mentioned: 373 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)

Yeah, but only other league owners.